Start drawing up plans now for our 3rd annual Pumpkin Chunkin event!
Saturday, October 13, 2018
12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Milton Public Library Lawn
Rain Date: Saturday, October 20, 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
PUMPKIN CHUNKIN RULES
- New for 2018: All teams are encouraged to register two days prior to the event (by Thursday, October 11). There will be NO registration the day of the event.
- There is no limit to the number of members on a team.
- Teams are highly encouraged to contribute to the cleanup effort afterwards.
- All team member that are involved in launching the catapult will be required to sign a Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement.
There will be two categories of catapults:
The launching device must be no bigger than 8 cubic feet. Any dimension are fine, such at 2′ x 2′ x 2′, as long as it does not exceed 8 cubic feet.
The launching device must be no bigger than 64 cubic feet. Any dimensions are fine, such as 4′ x 4′ x 4′, as long as it does not exceed 64 cubic feet.
- When firing, parts of the catapult may extend beyond this measurement.
- Some allowance will be given, but any machines that excessively the stated cubic feet will be disqualified.
- Machines must be free-standing. Nothing will be allowed to pierce the ground.
- All machines must be able to load and fire within three minutes.
- All machines and equipment must be removed from the launching area within 1 hour after the event.
- All devices must be completed prior to being brought to the library.
- MATERIALS NOT ALLOWED
- air-pressure devices
- electronic devices
- anything that requires flames
- Pumpkins will be provided by the Milton Public Library.
- Pumpkins will weigh between 2 and 5 pounds.
- Pumpkins are not to be altered in any way. If a team is caught altering a pumpkin, they will be disqualified.
- All pumpkins fired must remain intact until they impact the ground to obtain an official measurement.
- Machines will be tested for distance. Depending on the number of catapults, teams will be given 2-3 pumpkins. The longest distance will be kept.
- Safety glasses will be provided by the library.
- No part of the machine shall cross the firing line prior to launching. Crossing the line due to launching movement will not result in a penalty.